We suspected last month that Netflix was going to add approximately 26 movies to their 2014 streaming line-up. These are the movies that they’re adding to the mix of on-line availability (i.e., “streaming”) that do not require those red envelopes to be delivered to your home with DVD movies inside.
It appears the rumor of 26 movies, has now been confirmed. Netflix has removed these 3 popular flicks–“Titanic,” “Flashdance” and “Top Gun”–because of expiring licensing contracts according to CNN.
Reddit has compiled the list of Netflix’s newest movies added for streaming:
- American Psycho (2000)
- Raging Bull (1980)
- Thelma And Louise (1991)
- West Side Story (1961)
- What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)
- Big Trouble In Little China (1986)
- Breakfast At Tiffany’s (1961)
- Bull Durham (1988)
- Red Dawn (1984)
- Mouse Hunt (1997)
- Spaceballs (1987)
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
- The Chinese Connection (1972)
- Amelie (2001)
- Grapes Of Wrath (1940)
- Planes, Trains, And Automobiles (1987)
- Children Of A Lesser God (1986)
- Scrooged (1988)
- Days Of Thunder (1990)
- The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
- The Talented Mr Ripley (1999)
- Tora! Tora! Tora! (1970)
- Death Race 2000 (1975)
- Ghost (1990)
- Good Burger (1997)
- Play It Again, Sam (1972)
A great mix of old and older, classics and just plain ol’ good times. One of my all-time favorite military films even made the list–“Tora! Tora! Tora!”. My two “Must See” movies on that list include “American Psycho” and “Raging Bull”.
Keepin’ it REEL BRIEF
© 2014, Patrick. All rights reserved.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 REEL BRIEF
"Patrick, you are my go-to guy when it comes to the box office". - Judy O.